After Charles D’Agar (1669-1723), French
SIR JOHN HARPUR BART.
Oil on canvas; titled upper right
50 x 39.5 in — 127 x 100.3 cm
In letter from The National Trust at Calke Abbey to the present Private Collection, dated 25th April,1989, this lot is a copy of the original at Calke by Charles D’Agar (1669-1723).
Sir John was the 4th baronet (1679-1741) who married Catherine Crewe in 1702. He was responsible for the building of the present house between 1701 and 1704.
Private Collection, Toronto